Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Finding Equilibrium \ Deficient Moon


Nancy: There are days when I would – if I could – spread my wings and float, ride the variable winds on fixed wings.



Finding Equilibrium


the crow
         chooses
the highest, most slender
branch

every morning
         crow
– from this lectern –
gives a teaching

folds his black robes
         leaves
leaves me in thought

today
let it be my practice
to seek

to choose
         as crow

to find equilibrium



Alan: I’ll watch the moon tonight waxing from crescent; soon enough it will reach full and decline.  Crazy to try to hold it, like trying to hold time itself.



Deficient Moon


Surprised
to see the moon half-vanished –
where did the days go? –

one thin cloud
in an otherwise empty sky
pulling away from it’s whiteness

cotton from a boll
seeds from milkweed
in the wind

Just like the moon
to wander away when it’s most
needed

Just like us
to want it –
to always want it whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment